Work experience is essential for getting a job. The Young Workers Volunteer Program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
This 12-months program provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labor market.
The various projects in this program are looking for young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization. The following project is one of the projects participating in the program.
Project Description: International University In Karlsruhe
Within the Young Workers Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work in an international university in Germany. The project is located in Karlsruhe in Baden-Württemberg, Southern Germany. As a Young Worker you will be part of the International Office Team at the university. You will be surrounded by colleagues, students, and professors from different countries and you will be entrusted with supportive and administrative tasks regarding the management of the university.
The university acts on the assumption of the ideal of a university that considers itself a service provider for the students, the economy and society. An institution that detects developments and trends and is contuinuously working on remaining a marketplace for the requirements of those who have a demand for education on the one hand and the requirements of those who have a demand for qualified employees on the other.
- International office at an international university in Karlsruhe
- The university puts a strong emphasis on social sciences, international markets, intercultural management and collaboration in business
- Involvement in civil society and international relations
- Contact with colleagues, students, and professors from different countries
- Support of internal and external events (exhibitions, intercultural day, conferences)
- Assistance and support with administrative tasks regarding the management of the university
- Working language is German and English
- 12-months program participation